Lexington, Kentucky Travel Information
Lexington’s annual Best of the Bluegrass festival is back in 2011 with more fun planned than ever!
The Best of the Bluegrass in 2011 is on April 9 – 10, beginning around 6 p.m.
Best of the Bluegrass Events
Stuff on Saturday April 9:
- Farmers Market: Saturday marks the first day of the farmers market in Cheapside Park. The market is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eat healthy, feel good, buy local!
- Free Concert: The music begins at 6 p.m. at Cheapside Park (next to the old courthouse and the new pavilion). Kenny Owens will be playing for two hours; Kentucky Ale and food available in the park.
- Pub Crawl: Register at Cheapside Park for $10 to join the Maker’s Mark pub crawl following the concert. Participants get a map, T-shirt, and bracelet. Use the map to follow the crowd from venue to venue, or simply go where you want. People with a bracelet get discounted drinks at participating pubs.
Stuff on Sunday April 10:
- Chili Cookoff: The chili cookoff will also be held in Cheapside Park, beginning around lunchtime on Sunday. Judging begins at 3 p.m. Sample from scores of chili ranging from “regular” to fiery hot for only $1 per cup!
- Bike Ride: Bring your bike down to Cheapside Park for the police-escorted ride through Lexington to some green space. The ride will return back to the park in time for chili and the festivities.
- Scavenger Hunt: There will be a downtown scavenger hunt from 1 – 4 p.m.; registration starts at 11 a.m. in Cheapside Park. Registration is $10 and includes a free T-shirt.
Get down to the Best of the Bluegrass 2011 in Cheapside Park on April 9 – 10 for some good, local fun!
Visit the Best of the Bluegrass official website: http://www.bestofthebluegrass.org/