The Keeneland 2012 season is getting ready to begin in Lexington, Kentucky!
One of the best times to visit Lexington, the horse racing at Keeneland Race Track begins with the Spring Meet on Friday, October 5th.
The racing action continues daily until Saturday, October 27th.
Tips for the Keeneland 2012 Season
- General admission is $5; children under 12 are free.
- Gates open at 11 a.m.
- The first race begins at 1:15 p.m.
- Races are generally held every 30 minutes.
- Expect extremely heavy traffic around Keeneland (Versailles Road and Harrodsburg Road) — particularly on weekends.
- Lexington bars and restaurants are busy after the races.
Learn all about Keeneland in Lexington, KY, and what to expect from the excitement there!
Tailgating at Keeneland
Thousands of people enjoy Keeneland without even seeing a horse! Tailgating at Keeneland has become a Lexington tradition and is a great way to enjoy a beautiful spring day.
Tailgating is free. Simply bring food, drinks, chairs, and join the fun on the grounds outside of the race.
See the Keeneland 2012 official schedule.