Article found in: Transportation
Created on November 12, 2008
Lexington Kentucky Flights
The newly renovated Bluegrass Airport (LEX) is located on the Southwest side of the city and is serviced by over 65 direct and non-stop flights. Some major carriers offering the best fares are: Delta, Continental, Northwest, United Express, and US Airways Express.
Lexington is only a short 20 minute flight or 1 hour bus ride from Cincinnati which is a major Delta hub – making it possible to find excellent Delta fares.
Once you arrive, a cab downtown will cost approximately $20.00 + tip.
Priceline.com consistently finds good domestic fares into Lexington, Kentucky.
Some other excellent flight booking options are:
- Travelocity.com – 20% off standard airfare
- Expedia.com – Great place to book everything for business travel
- Orbitz.com – fast booking and great website
Lexington, Kentucky’s Bluegrass airport is nice but not very large – making it relatively quick to get through check-in and security. The airport is easy to navigate and you will find rental car counters and ground transportation directly beside of baggage claim which opens to the front of the airport.
- Wifi is free.
- Parking is free for the first 30 minutes.
- There are shops for buying Keeneland souvenirs and Kentucky gifts on your way out.